Keeping your hair and scalp clean should be your priority and especially when you have curly hair. But the fact that a lot of time is needed to wash and prep your curls after and before the hair wash takes a lot of time is the reason why people don’t wash their hair as often and instead of cleansing their scalp and hair they opt for the co-wash method. In this method, you can just use a conditioner and a gentle cleanser and can use it on your hair to just refresh your curls. But cleansing is very important as well because you can’t get rid of all the product buildup from your hair care products on your scalp. To get better products for cleaning and even co-washing you should look for online stores like Megorgeous.
Megorgeous is one of the online stores where you can find the best hair care products and especially if you have the curly hair this online store has all the items that you may need for your curl including all the famous curly hair brands. Not only for the curly hair you can also find the hair care and hair styling products for other hair types. You can find all sorts of accessories from those websites and makeup as well. Almost everything that you need will be available in this online store.
Cleansing and co-washing
People who don’t cleanse their hair so often opt for this method to refresh their curl and these methods include the co-washing method. In the co-washing method, you replace your one hair wash with just a cleanser and this way you can hydrate your curls and freshen they up a bit.
Either you want to cleanse or co-wash your hair cleansing is something that you will still be doing. So to make sure you are cleansing your hair and scalp well and are getting rid of all the dirt and excessive oils from the follicles you will have to know a few tips that make the cleansing method even more effective.
- Having the curly hair your hair is prone to the dryness you should make sure you are using a gentle shampoo so it doesn’t strip away all the natural oils from your scalp.
- Try using the sulfate and paraben-free shampoos which can be destructive for your curls. You can find the low-poo and no-poo shampoos for that matter but make sure these shampoos cleanse well and are capable of removing all the dirt from your scalp.
- If you have extremely oily hair then you better stick to only cleansing method and should avoid co-washing because when you have the oily scalp more dirt is deposited on your scalp and that is why to get rid of that you will need to go with the cleansing only method.
You already know what the co-washing is and that is why you will be needing a few co-washing tips so that you can do it well. Following are some of the co-washing tips
- While you are using a conditioner make sure you are massaging your scalp as well so you can stimulate it and can get rid of the dirt from the follicles.
- Depending on your hair texture you can also condition and co-wash your hair daily.
- If you are going through some serious skin condition then you shouldn’t rely on the co-washing method and should cleanse your scalp and hair more often.
- You should avoid using the products with silicone in it because it isn’t water-soluble and it will be hard to get out of your hair.